- SBA’s Managing Your Finances
- Personal Financial Statement – SBA.gov
- How to Improve Your Credit Score (Wells Fargo)
- Financial Templates – from SCORE
- US Dept of Agriculture Loan Programs For Farms and Rural Businesses
- SBA Loan Programs
- SBA South Florida Resource Guide – Lenders start on page 27
- SBA North Florida Resource Guide – Lenders start on page 27
- SBA Microloan Lenders
Funding Info – grants, competitions, etc.
The following are legitimate offers by various agencies and organizations. It is your responsibility to review them carefully to determine if you qualify for the opportunities.
- Comcast RISE – For small businesses owned by people of color, application deadline is 7/31/2021
- Amber Grants for Women – Grants for Women Entrepreneurs, application deadline is 7/31/2021
- The Halstead Grant – For emerging silver jewelry artists, application deadline is 8/1/2021
- The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund – For multicultural entrepreneurs, application deadline is 8/10/2021
- Upskilling Initiative – To train & upskill workers age 50+, application deadline is 12/31/2021
- Federal Grant Opportunities – The federal government does not offer grants or “free money” to individuals to start a business or cover personal expenses, contrary to what you might see online or in the media. Websites or other publications claiming to offer “free money from the government” are often scams. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. You may search this site and filter grants for small businesses.
- Florida Department of Grants System – The Florida Department of State Grants allow Floridians to apply for and manage grants offered by the Department of State through the Divisions of Cultural Affairs, Elections, Historical Resources and Library and Information Services.
- American’s Seed Fund – SBIR is focused on high-risk, high-impact technologies with highly competitive programs that encourage domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) with the potential for commercialization.
- Art Business Accelerator Grant – For visual artists
- Black Founder Start-Up Grant – For Black women or non-binary entrepreneurs
- Eileen Fisher Grants for Women – register for email updates
- Enterprise Florida’s Microfinance Guarantee Program – Florida business growth & exports
- FedEx Small Business Grants – (closed at this time; check back for updates)
- Funding Options for Minority Owned Businesses – Article from US Chamber of Commerce
- Funding Options for Women Owned Businesses – Article from US Chamber of Commerce
- Galaxy Grant – To help minority and women entrepreneurs succeed
- GoFundMe’s Small Business Relief Initiative – Supporting small businesses affected by COVID-19
- IFundWomen COVID-19 Relief Grants – Supporting women entrepreneurs
- KKR Small Business Builder Grants – Supporting small businesses affected by COVID-19
- LISC Grants – grants and related information
- NASE – $4,000 for self-employed members of the National Association of Self-Employed
- SBA Grant Information – Information about COVID-19 relief, research and development, exporting, etc.
- SOAR – Southern Opportunity and Resilience Fund
- StreetShares Foundation Grants for Veterans/Families – application not yet available for 2021
- Legal Requirements for Small Business
- Choosing a Business Structure – Sole Prop, LLC, etc. explained
- How to Pay Yourself as an Entrepreneur
- Business Laws That Might Impact Your Business
- Patents and Trademarks
- Patent and Intellectual Property
The Florida Veterans Business Outreach Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with Gulf Coast State College and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.