Below are various educational offerings from partners in the entrepreneurial industry. Please visit our EVENTS page for educational offerings from the Florida Veterans Business Outreach Center.
SCORE webinars, courses, and workshops, VIEW HERE
National Women’s Business Council: Visit HERE to view upcoming topics for Webinar Wednesdays, webinars to support women entrepreneurs in starting and growing your business.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) “Next Steps” Webinar, The U.S. Small Business Administration, in consultation with the Department of the Treasury, published a revised, borrower-friendly PPP loan forgiveness application implementing the PPP Flexibility Act.
- Monday, November 02
1pm – 2pm EST
Click here register on Eventbrite.
- Tuesday, November 03
1pm – 2pm EST
Click here register on Eventbrite.
- Wednesday, November 04
1pm – 2pm EST
Click here register on Eventbrite.
- Click here to view the simpler loan forgiveness application.
- Click here to view the instructions for completing the simpler loan forgiveness application.
- Click here to view the Interim Final Rule on the simpler forgiveness process for loans of $50,000 or less.
SBA’s Salute to National Veterans Small Business Week: November 2-6, https://www.sba.gov/nvsbw, The US Small Business Administration celebrates, connects, and empowers service members, veterans, and their spouses to start businesses.
- Day 1: Getting your Business Certified Learn about the different certification programs and how to get them to help sell products and services in the $800B+ annual federal marketplace. Register here.
- Day 2: Success Stories about veteran small businesses throughout our community will be featured on Twitter. Follow us @SBA_SouthFL& #VetBiz
- Day 3: Acquiring Capital This session will help identify lenders, and unveil the Resource Partners that can help review and developa financial roadmap for success. Register here.
- Day 4: SBA Programs for Veterans Looking to Start or Grow their Business This class covers the various programs and services the SBAoffers to help veterans start,grow and succeed inbusiness. Register here.
- Day 5: Highlight Military Bases in the South Florida District Hear from veteran-owned small business success stories and speakers from military bases about the work done at these locations and the vital role military personnel play. Register here.
VBOC’s Salute to National Veterans Small Business Week: Be sure to register for these free online events as we salute Florida’s veteran small businesses owners and those veterans with an interest in starting their own businesses.
- November 6, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern: Franchises: Is This the Right Path for You? Veterans are used to assuming the roles and responsibilities of an Ops plan somebody else developed. That ability and confidence often makes veterans ideal candidates for franchise ownership. With thousands to choose from, how do you find the one that’s right for you? REGISTER for this informative webinar at: https://bit.ly/2Hrc0KI
- November 9, 2020 at 3:00pm Eastern: BAIL Team Panel Discussion, Listen to this panel discussion of your small business BAIL Team experts: a Banker, an Attorney, an Insurance Agent, and a Lawyer. This is the team of professionals that all small business owners need to know when starting a business. Get started right and avoid painful mistakes so your business will be successful from the beginning! REGISTER for this informative webinar at: https://bit.ly/2EAzBHA
- November 13, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern: Five Messages: Business Words of Wisdom, We are proud to shine the spotlight on Hank Picken, US Army Infantry Captain, Vietnam veteran, MBA and CPA, founder and Chairman of the Board of Beaumont Products, winner of Walmart’s 2019 Veteran Owned Business Vendor of the Year. Please join us as Hank shares some secrets for entrepreneurial success. REGISTER for this informative webinar: https://bit.ly/3mh34WW
Twitter Chat – Resources for Entrepreneurship Training, November 3 at 1:00pm Eastern Time, #IVMFTwitterChat Join this SBA event for National Veterans Small Business Week, in partnership with Syracuse University’s Institute for Veterans & Military Families. This event is designed to highlight the entrepreneurial training programs and resources available for veterans and military spouses, with advice for aspiring business owners during this time.
2020 Year-End Tax Planning for Your Business, November 3 at 1:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. In the final quarter of this most unusual and challenging year, there is still time to take actions that can favorably impact your bottom line and your tax bill for 2020. These measures relate to your employees, your customers, your equipment, and your operations and reflect big changes made by the SECURE Act, the CARES Act, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and other legislation (including extension of the Paycheck Protection Program), as well IRS pronouncements.
Creating a Business Plan, November 3 at 6:00pm Eastern Time, $15 fee, If you are ready to sit down and lay out a plan for your business plan this is the workshop for you. A business plan can be a simple document for your own use or a formal one for presentation to lenders & investors. We cover both. Understand what is important and how to organize your thoughts to get them on paper. SCORE counselors can work with you on your business plan after you complete this workshop.
Wednesday, November 4 at 11:00am Eastern Time, SBA: Manage Personal Credit & Your Business Credit, Debra Salas of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s South Florida District Office will offer a credit counseling presentation to help small business owners understand the power of having good credit and how one’s credit can directly impact the success of its business. Free to attend. Click here to register. The workshop will be conducted by the Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre.
Time Management, November 4 at 5:30pm Eastern Time, $15 fee, This webinar will review the most common barriers to effective time management and the approaches to overcoming the barriers. Learn strategies to enhance your time management in personal and professional life, and to prioritize tasks to align with personal and organizational goals.
Thursday, November 5 at 9:30am Eastern Time, Developing Your Business Plan – A Free Live Webinar, The importance of planning should never be overlooked. This FREE course will take you through the step-by-step process of developing a Business Plan, describing the components and providing access to templates to help you get started. Click here to register. The workshop will be conducted by the Miami-Dade SCORE Chapter.
Re-Strategize Your Business Planning to Prevail the Pandemic, November 5, 1:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. Entrepreneurs and small business owners are most vulnerable to failure in a global pandemic. They rely on a sustainable supply chain, whereby products and services flow from their suppliers, through their company, and on to their customers. The pandemic virus destroyed this self-sustaining business model, making strategic and tactical plans no longer relevant.
SBIR Roadtour, through November 6, 2020: Between 2015 and 2019, the SBIR Road Tour visited every state and Puerto Rico – mostly traveling by bus between stops. These stops brought together local innovation ecosystems around the country with agency decision makers, and connected entrepreneurs to additional resources to help their small businesses start and grow. Amid travel and event challenges, the decision was made to go virtual for the 2020 events. Rebranded as Regional SBIR Weeks, these events are virtual, collaborative outreach efforts connecting entrepreneurs working on advanced technologies to the country’s largest source of early stage funding – the SBIR/STTR programs. Also known as America’s Seed Fund, the SBIR/STTR programs provide over $3.7 billion in funding to small businesses each year in a wide variety of technology areas. Each virtual event, hosted by a local organization, will provide attendees with an opportunity to hear directly from the participating federal agency program managers that administer over 5,500 new awards annually and to meet virtually one-on-one with program decision makers.
Friday, November 6 at 12:00pm Eastern Time, Going Into Business-Getting Started, Owning a business is both exciting and intimidating, but you have lots of support. As a small business or startup, you need to know and understand your numbers, you need to plan for your growth and answer to investors and bankers looking to fund your business growth and you need to nail your pitch. $15 to attend. Click here to register. The workshop will be conducted by the Tampa SCORE Chapter.
Sourcing Capital for Your Business during the COVID-19 Crisis, November 10 at 6:00pm Eastern Time, $15 fee, The goal of this workshop is to prepare you to get the funding that you need to start your business or to grow and expand it. In this interactive seminar, learn about bank lending, venture & capital, alternative financing, and private investors.
How to Succeed at Sales: A Guide to Sustainable Success in B2B Sales, November 11 at 6:00pm Eastern Time, $15 fee, This workshop will reveal the tools needed to be successful at direct sales in any industry and unlock the secrets of how to manage a top-tier sales team. Ït will help you understand sales cycles, customer management, create a strategy around long term, sustainable sales success for you and your employees, and more.
Navigating Your Small Business through Financial Uncertainty, November 12, 1:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. The economic environment in 2020 has caused many unexpected challenges for the small business community as they navigate through times of financial uncertainty. Many business owners are facing decisions around cutting expenses, adjusting business models and finding new sources of revenue.
QuickBooks Online, November 12 at 6:00pm Eastern Time, This workshop is an introduction to the online version of QuickBooks, aimed at people new to QuickBooks online or those thinking of getting it. It goes through the fundamentals about how to set it up, how it works. Creating customers, vendors, billing, paying bills, downloading from your bank are all topics that are covered.
Google Analytics 101 – Improve Your Online Business by Understanding Essential Online Data, November 17, at 1:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. Google Analytics is a fantastic tool. Best part is, it’s free to use for everyone! No matter if you have a 2-page website or a massive e-commerce website, you can use Google Analytics to understand how your customers are using your website and where you can improve their experience.
Building Inclusion and Diversity Strategies into Your Small Business, November 19 at 1:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. This year has been one of unprecedented change, civil unrest and social upheaval. Organizations, even small businesses, have a responsibility to address the issues of this time.
National Farmer Veteran Coalition 2020 Virtual Conference, Save the Date for November 18-19, 2020. Registration and details to become available in September, but you can visit their site to learn about the organization.
The Hero Factor – How to Transform Your Business and Create a Winning Culture, December 3 at 2:00pm Eastern Time, Register Here. Now more than ever, businesses need to know and own their purpose to survive, transform, and win. Every company ever created started as a story, an idea that inspired other people to join and believe in the cause and over time businesses forget and lose that passion.
The Florida Veterans Business Outreach Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with Gulf Coast State College and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.